Sentosa Island is well known in Singapore for being a beautiful beach island destination and with that reputation comes high prices. However, it does not need to be expensive! Skip Universal Studios and the Aquarium and instead have a relaxing beach day and explore the natural beauty of this island. To get here take either the Circle Line (yellow) or the Northeast Line (purple) to Harbourfront Station and follow the signs for Sentosa Island Boardwalk. Here are my tips for doing Sentosa Island for (almost) free!
- Walk and don’t take the tram across. Instead walk along the boardwalk to the island from Harbourfront station. You will get beautiful views of the city and the island with plenty of photo opportunities! The tram costs $4 while entrance to the island if you walk only costs $1.
- Pack lunch and bring drinks. The food and drinks are expensive, just like the rest of Singapore so it is much much cheaper to pack a lunch and have a picnic while relaxing on Siloso Beach or one of the other two beaches on the island.
- Take a walk on the sky walk through the forest. The skywalk is at Fort Siloso and takes you 11 stories up. Explore Fort Siloso while you are there!
- Take a selfie with the Merlion. Yes there is ANOTHER Merlion in Singapore. You can’t escape them! And no trip to Sentosa is complete without at least one photo with it.
- Buses on the island are completely free, so ride the bus to get around and take advantage of the free air conditioning as well!
- Relax at one of the three beautiful beaches: Siloso Beach, Palawan Beach, and Tanjong Beach. Siloso is the easiest to get to and the most crowded, so if you are looking for a more peaceful day at the beach head to Palawan or Tanjong by bus!